Saturday, May 23, 2009

You are neither hot nor cold, you are balanced.

G said….I think the interesting thing I am realizing is when iron sharpens iron it is not easy. I hope that all of our presuppositions and ideas of scripture, salvaltion, and Christ are being challenged – even if they are not being changes – because as we challenge our thinking, it gets stronger. I pray that the Lord will continue to open my eyes to my incorrect presuppositions through discussions like this.

We are all noticing this I think Greg. So I have not experienced iron sharpening iron much in my past, I called it that, but it was more like fellowship I think.

Ouch I come back to this an hour later and I see that I have spent years and years ,and it was iron sharpening iron, but not in the biblical sense. It was years and years of sharpening Americana Christianity, here let me help you get around that messy verse. Don’t worry about those. Kids look out, don’t step in that, that will lead you to legalism.

I have practiced it so well that I have had apoplectic fits when my system of knowledge was disturbed. ” Get thee behind me Satan……..” Brian was right, I have been soaked in only one way of looking at scriptures for my whole life. As of 6 yrs ago some of the gates of hell around my thinking were penetrated by Gods word.

Can you accept this biblical premise ? That believers can be taken captive by the wrong thinking. Many times i have presented those scriptures that show, it is not automatic, your maturity in the lord. All of the scriptures saying that the holy spirit will do this, or that, in you, are predicated on other truths of God. If you refuse to accept some truths of God…. It will deform how we grow in him. The warnings are all over, why warn if the HS will just bring it about?

I have been steeped that there must be balance. Now sitting here it has occurred to me that i must say false. We need the maximum ,all of Gods truth on any topic. I now see the word balance is mostly a useful tool, a toady for the enemy of my faith. Why do all the enemies of my Lord, like this word so much? You are neither hot nor cold, you are balanced. I see now that his truth is not balanced , on any topic it is on the top of the truth pile. Every other direction from there is a form of error. Yes there are places to use it properly, but i bet its mostly used to oppose God and his Word these days.

No comments: