Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gods Law was put in who's heart?

I rejoice as I see new things in the Word. But it is past funny at how much is contrary to what I have just accepted as the status quo. Gods word has not been our standard. In many ways it is not even in second place.

11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. Deut 30:11-14 (KJV)

Contextually I don’t see a way around it.

For a long time I have had to repel boarders over the idea that, “ see, see God has put his law in our hearts now.” As NT believers this was supposed to mean that, don’t worry about the law, we have Jesus in our hearts, God has written it in our hearts……..

Lo and behold he put his law in his peoples hearts in the OT too. Not once have I read of them running around going, I don’t have to do it, its in my heart.

God notes that he put it in their hearts, that thou mayest do it.

So does God, Our God who…. is the same yesterday today and forever, who says, I am the Lord thy God and I changeth not, still have his law is in our hearts so, that thou mayest do it?

As in Jesus saying....If you love me, keep my commandments.

Harmony, I have run out of ashes.

What are you teaching your family in this area?

14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; 15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: Lev 26:14-15 (KJV)

No comments: