Saturday, May 23, 2009

More presuppositions

I am going to add a couple of more presuppositions and they are big as far as controlling what I see in the word. These are theology componants. The study of Gods nature and truth. I am putting my laundry up on the table and I think it will be eaiser to see....Is my thinking being controlled by the word of God or have I constructed (or borrowed) some false theology, that is apart from scripture, and in effect, I am changing Gods meaning of His Word. None of us wants to do that.

I think that this is important, as I have been doing something that might not have been noticed. Maybe it will be more evident after I show more of my presupposing. But its big, uuuuge. Because as we keep poking I want everyone to see that these presuppositions are dictating where I stand. Thats my hope :)

This is good to establish, before I go back and try to answer Brians question. I want others be able to see, yup, Davids underwear is showing and it is, or isnt as he described it.

Two more
Basic Presuppositions: over arching themes, Back drop, frame work,these will affect every and any topic directly.

2)God made everything, for his own glory, his claim was never rescinded. This is the purpose for everything. What God has purposed, will come to pass, his plans will not be thwarted. He is God.

3) God told man to take dominion. It was reaffirmed by Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, and given more focus with His great commission . Like leaven, the kingdom of God will enter and change everything .

These first three are a big departure from my old presuppositions, that said ....."God made everything so he could love man."

The focus is now on...

A) God and what he wants , thinks and declares. This is Trinity centric. as compard to...

B) Man and what he needs and what he thinks is just or fair. This is man centric

Now before this becomes the west minster confession, mans rebellion and Christ’s atoning work have always been part of our declarations. I also believe that points 2 and 3 are rooted in genesis and are reinforced from there all the way through the NT

I dont have a drop down box theology checker box, like for spell check or grammar. I know everyone is thinking "it wouldnt make a difference Dave as you obviously dont use the others....." But I think these additional confessions are straight from scripture,multiple times over.

Anyone can point out if something look strange as compared to the Bible. I know these are big for channeling how, and what i see and understand from the Word. If my underwear is on backwards, tell me.

No comments: