Saturday, May 23, 2009

4th Basic Presupposition

Ok this is the last basic foundational presupposition. Please note going forward whether these are guiding what I am writing. So am I letting the word speak for itself or am I waterboarding it to make it confess what I want. This is to answer this....Does the text drive your presupposition or does your presupposition drive the text?
also a bonus question with this one…..

4) Gods commandments are meant to be extrapolated, not straight jacketed, it casts a long shadow 96 I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad. Psalms 119:96 (KJV)

Broad
H7342 râchâb raw-khawb'
From H7337; roomy, in any (or every) direction, literally or figuratively: - broad, large, at liberty, proud, wide.

Example of this is Paul in Timothy, goes to the OT and the Law to make the case for paying pastors…4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn. Deut 25:4 (KJV)

Wondering? Why is Paul, (who also said, we establish the law)….quoting the law in this situation, if in Christ its done away with?

In bewilderment, I still cannot find what I thought would be easy to find, it shouldve been all over the place. I am stunned. Humbled by His might and wisdom.....scrambling to understand again?!?!?

No comments: