Saturday, May 23, 2009

Scripture waterboarding us

We all need to take what is good, as we can see it and thank God for it. Just keep forgiving one another as toes get stepped on
…..do we really believe his word?

--"My driving force, in all that I do, is to know Jesus Christ." How many believers do you think would say, yes that’s what my life is about, I think many from my Scenario B) would agree with it. Why? Because it is detached from scripture. It allows the same Christians who drive you nuts, to climb on board with you. Everyone can fill in what it means to … all that I do….

At the same time Rob and I can both agree and say amen too, but we are all attaching different meanings, to your phrase. The mega church and Oprah, can all climb inside this tent.

If we love Jesus. Why is it so hard to let him be our master? Why can we not do what he said to do? What did Jesus say to do if we love him? Was it to get to know him? Yes we will get to know him, but you only know him by his way, the path of obedience. We will never get to know him if we don’t learn of his ways. There is a large area of the bible where God shows his ways. That you may know…….

…"with all your heart , with all your soul with all your strength” … … Did God give this instruction in a vacuum, did he just flick it into the ether or did he deliberately place it in a context and say “do this!” I am the Lord your God!

Moralism is death! (Amen!)

Keeping God's Commandments because it's a good way to live, is death! Obedience to Him should be our goal. The fact that he gives us promises with our obedience and that it is the best way to live, is just a further manifestation of his Grace towards us! Glory! We need to receive it with gratitude, thankfulness, that his commandments are not burdensome, but come with a blessing!

This does sound good "My driving force, in all that I do, is to know Jesus Christ." But how does it harmonize with what Jesus told us to do?…. Take dominion, Love your brother, keep my commandments, disciple the nations. Note: The latter four have everything to do with obedience and will dictate a purpose, a direction.

….When God regenerates a man, and gives him a new heart, it sets him free to chase hard after Jesus…. It should also set him free to do as Jesus DID , I don’t do anything except what I see the father do , I don’t say anything except for what the father says. It sets him free to love his brother and to follow his commandments. We do not have the liberty to redefine what Our Lord and master has defined for us! He is God! Fear him. Obey him. For you have been bought and paid for. You are not your own. Take dominion, love your brother, keep my commandments, make disciples of all nations. This! is loving Jesus. It is obedience.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matt 7:21 (KJV)

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: Matt 7:24 (KJV)

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. Matt 24:45-47 (KJV)

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Luke 6:46 (KJV)

Notice, its never…. be sure to be found doing something. But, be found doing the will of the father! Harmony, OT and NT.

The romantic period, all of our culture was soaked in it. Chrsitianity embraced an emotional shift. We modern Christians have been convinced that we may pursue Jesus like a love sick doe. It has been a disaster. Our bookstores have been loaded to bursting with this theme. Yes we must love Jesus!!!!!!! But does that love, dismiss us, from doing what we have been commanded to do?

The leaven of the kingdom of heaven has sat on the shelf because his people have been so full of loving him, that we never saw how, we should be about his business.

Jesus himself said “I am” and they tried to stone him, he said he and the father are one. He told his disciples if you have seen me , you have seen the father.

….."My driving force, in all that I do, is to know Jesus Christ." This is how the bible says we may know Jesus!

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:3-6 (KJV) Harmony OT and NT

Do we really believe the bible? Do we really love Jesus? Did abraham understand, when he was commanded to sacrifice his son? The understanding came after the obedience. It is in black and white on how we may know him. Do you believe it? Will you pick up the knife?

I have 40 plus yrs of NT soaking that was absolutely minus the word Jesus left for us in the OT. Worse yet, I was loaded with myths about the OT! Some big ones are just falling off in the last two weeks. Praise God. Guys I am way, way, behind on understanding those things that lead to knowing him, the one who saved me! Joy lies this way.

No comments: