Saturday, May 23, 2009

Scriptures waterboardfing us,cont.

We are finite creatures and at some point many of Gods truths do fade into the mist when it comes to our understanding of it. Mostly though its because we don’t know the word as God commanded us to know the word. I am chief among sinners in this area! It is not Impregnated into the core of our being. All of the word, every nook and cranny. Notice how often we can claim here, this verse shows it. And then someone goes, well what about these? Rats!

They all have the same author, our triune Godhead. Man, each of us will try and bring it into something that makes sense to us, our mind will do that. But we lean not on our own understanding. So when you think you have it. Go back and see if His words still sit harmoniously next to His words. We must not get angry . I am so thankful for the challenges because I must ask Jesus, what am I missing from your word, and glory to him, each challenge, helps me to keep going forward, deeper into his word.

I have no claim to Gods truths and what Christ did to remove the enmity between the father and me, and The holy Spirit gets the credit for what I can grasp.
When it was mentioned at one point about what you were not hearing from within us reformed people. I wanted to apologize to those who embrace the reformed understanding of the word. Because we have saddles on backwards and upside down, praise God we are in his word trying to be pleasing to our Father, to be obedient.

M said…When you tell me to embrace The Blessed Law of God using Deut 6:24-25, you areinadvertently doing it via The Law of Works, thereby putting a yoke of bondage onme that neither I, nor my fathers were able to bear!!! You therein give me DEATH!...

I am only pointing out what deut says over and over, is from the same author wrote to us in the NT….

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matt 5:17-19 (KJV)

B this is in harmony with Rom 7 that you wrote about. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:31 (KJV)

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:9-10 (KJV)

Matt 7:21-2321 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. 1 John 2:3-7 (KJV)


By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4 1 John 5:2-4 (KJV)

……is this not harmony?

I am with you on your law of God point, and on your Law of faith.

On your second point. I enjoyed the irony using what God has said….that you may live long in the land,…. that it may be well with you….it is your understanding….. it is your wisdom…… it is your life etc etc and conclude that because they all died…..it must not be for this life. Does It not actually apply to your point 1…. law of God.

How many other verses would we also throw away as not applying to life here on this planet, because we will die? He is the God of the living…..and where else am I supposed to find my wisdom and understanding , if not where God himself said…. this is your wisdom and understanding?!!?

Could it not mean, maybe, just a little, that since they did die….. that it really was meant for this life? Is this not what is supposed to be as frontlets on how we see things, on our door posts, applying it when we rise and lie down and walk along the way? He said “it is your life!” If it is not for this life then why all the intensity about it? Why did God bring the curses on them for not doing it? If not……..what is God talking about there? Why send his people into captivity over something that didn’t apply to this life?

It is now one of my basic presuppositions. If I am wrong I need to know. Where qill iget my ethics code, right and wrong, the Koran, code of Hamarabi. All of a sudden I am in a world of hurt. I am going to the corner now with a sign, “will work for an ethics code”

I was surprised that the words eternal life and salvation are not embedded into Gods law. Even all the rituals and sacrifices are given to, restore them to God, while they are alive, provision is even made for un intentional sins, wow! But this law couldn’t make us righteous, boo hoo! but it did temporarily restore us to the father, beats the alternative, until the fullness of time came and now we, get to partake of what was only for shadowed for them. Whoo hoo!

I don’t think anyone really means "my system is best", I do believe that we mean, this is what scripture says. He is the God of order, it will harmonize, because it testifies of him. We continue to work on being ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us! Giving an answer for the hope within us shouldn’t make us angry, frustrated maybe, which means we are not ready to do it yet.

No comments: