Thursday, August 23, 2007

We Need the Whole Counsel of God, updated

A follow up to previous post...couldn't sleep

The "We need the whole counsel of God" post is another perspective, another manifestation of what I struggle with,the comparmentalization and fragmenting of how I see life, rather than seeing my inheritance as a whole. Eph1:10,11 ...he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth in him. In him we have obtained an inheritance...

It's like the story of the vineyard that was rented out....I want what is due me. I can see more and more how large my inheritance is but as I try to collect what is mine in Christ, my old engrained way of looking at life, the old man, "world views" are laying in wait and abuse and beat me and in effect try to kill the heir. First I couldn't see it, but now I know it's there and I can hear them...."this is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance".

The Kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. All my guns and ammunition won't help me in this battle. As a man thinks so is he.

Looking for my flak jacket...

No comments: