Friday, August 24, 2007

Father/Daughter cd set, updated, WOW!

I have finished the whole set now and am even more floored than when I first wrote about this set. It's almost a shame that it is named from the father/daughter retreat as it is possibly one of the best roundups of a biblical vision for the family that I have ever heard. There were many great specifics, details and just fantastic perspectives on the family, that's what I need, as I can be so dense.."Oh! that's what you mean!"

Doug gives a talk encouraging men to give a verbal, if not preferably, a book for daughters to look at spelling out their father's vision....After hearing these I am challenged at how much more I can do to prepare my daughters and son for there future lives. This set will give you ideas.

Both of Scott Browns talks were outstanding! Makes me excited to hear him in October, at the AZ UCFC conference. Go to vision Forum and get signed up if you haven't already.

Stop living for the present and start letting God use you as he has intended, you will never have another set of disciples that will ever be as attentive to you as your kids, ever! It's staggering when you really think about it. God has made the family to be the incubator for "future generations" that can follow hard after the Lord. I see it as two parts, guard like a tiger from your kids that which the world wants them to partake in, yes it can be done, unless someone holds a gun to your head there is absolutely nothing to make you let your kids swim in our culture, "dont they need..." boloney. "Isnt it important that they experience..." no. "But everyone else is.." let them, they have no vision, so long as Johnny doesn't get arrested and Suzy doesn't get pregnant their happy, if that's what you are living for then I feel sorry for you. Your wasting your life.

The second part is to pass on a vision, a Godly vision, something you and your family were meant to have, a purpose, something to be deliberate about. Living for the Glory of God. That's eternal!

This cd setwill help flesh it out for those who want to have something to live for.

I have to listen again, but this time with my yellow pad, to write out notes...

No comments: