Saturday, July 14, 2007

What We Should Be Doing

It is all day, everyday, in every way... Amen, when you rise up, when you lie down, when your on the way etc, etc. When we can see God's glory while doing the mundane, seeing how everything relates back to God, the Creator, no neutral ground, no spare molecules, they have all been made for and have the stamp of the Creator of the Universe on them. For His own Glory! At 100 billion galaxies, our universe is rather small, when compared to how big our God is.

I long to one day see myself thinking like this in the same way as when I'm breathing. IE That I don't have to deliberately think about it. I might have corrupted too much of my thinking. Trained by the world to think pragmatically, practically. I willingly touched the unclean thing, "well,it was so funny.." It might have to wait for the next generation, like David was told, "you have too much blood on your hands" but he was told his son would be allowed to. David is a good example of what should be our mindset.........

Remember that David then prepared like crazy to get all the materials ready for the Temple. You know the whole time it's happening, do you think David wasn't inculcating, impressing on his son what he, Solomon, was to be doing as an adult. I bet David pushed this vision into his being, when he got up, when he lay down. None of our Americana, "well they have to decide for themselves" or "Son, if you don't mind maybe you can think about building the Temple." The Spirit of individualism wipes out anyone's ability to think multi-generational. I will have to go and read the account again. I bet all the time David's going, "this is why you have been born" and "this is one of the missions for your life son, I'm getting things ready, here meet this craftsman, nobody does doorknobs like this guy!" and "Son, I wish!... my heart aches to do this! But you can do it with God's help. And I will help get you ready!"

I work with my children so that maybe they will be able to really think biblically without having to climb over the rubble of post modernism in their minds. I tell them this. I speak it aloud to them. How this is important. How they too must be thinking about teaching it to their children and their grandchildren! I carefully guard their impressionable minds from the fools who claim to be wise, from man's wisdom or they will learn to walk as the gentiles walk in the futility of their minds. I protect, I shelter my children, for the glory of God! I tell them this is why God has given you to Mom and Dad to be trained up to think God's thoughts after Him.

So I am going to fell trees, "lay up materials" and prepare the ground and introduce them to writers as they are ready and show them... "look at this person's thinking, see how it harmonizes with the Word". All so that God may be glorified. He must increase, I must decrease. But you, first you have to have a vision for something other than "personal peace and affluence". We are not persecuted, but we have been prospered into irrelevance. Who is able for such a task! Praise be to Jesus who makes us able. This is what we have been called to.

If the vision doesn't start with agreeing with God's written Word for his creation then the vision will be corrupted. That's where we must start.

Semper Reformanda, David

No comments: