Thursday, July 26, 2007

Books: Eternity In Our Hearts, By RC Sproul Jr

This was an easy reading, enjoyable book. From the Highland Study Center. Plenty of meat in it but nothing too heavy that it wasn't always an easy choice to pick up and read a chapter or two. Great world view content, reinforcing the Multi-generaltional vision , family intergrated churches, and dominnion. He's like Doug Phillips in a lot of ways but Phillips doesn't Baptize his babies. Don't sweat the small stuff. I couldn't stand Rc when I first heard him at the AFHE convention. Now my whole family enjoys him, and the Basement tapes from the Highland Study Center are always a pleasure to listen too. This book is made up of short articles by RC from their Every Thought Captive Magazine. The magazine is good too. Was free for a long time but no more. I love their motto Simple, Separate, and Deliberate. Amen.

He will hurt you, your flesh that is, another one of those men that helps me stay honest with the Word. Helps me to untangle the false coloring I impose onto the Bible. I cannot believe how much garbage I have consumed in my lifetime, no more. The gate is shut and were checking IDs. Were also taking a second look at what is already in the yard.

Check them out if you haven't.

http://highlands.gospelcom.net/store.php#BT48

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation David. Our family use to subscribe to ETC. We really liked it, but there were also some things about R.C. that never quite added up either. For one thing R.C. often comes across as very arrogant, especially when he speaks at conferences.

Then came his defrocking. He didn't handle that one well at all. We had to drop our support. I hope someday he repents. Until he does we won't be able to support his ministry.

David Terry said...

like i said, I walked out on him at the afhe convntion, i coudnt stand him, now i really appreciate a lot of what he shares. I dont ever agree with anyone all the time. I am gratefull for how he has helped me to fit some of the puzzle pieces together.

David