Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ron Paul?

I'm guessing that a lot of us received Ron Paul for Press literature at the AFHE convention. I'm just getting more of a look at him.
Ron Paul Is not favored among Republicans, they treat him like??? I'm not sure what. He does not like big government. I like that! I am trying to evaluate God's Word with our system of government we have. Actually with what our system has become. It is a mere shadow of what had been created, by men who did not see the answer to any of man's problems as coming from any kind of government. Because man's problem is that he is a sinner. Our founding fathers understood that. I agree with North's assement from his first paragraph.


This is a longer column from Gary North by way of Lew Rockwell, http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north552.html

Ron Paul and the Greased Pigby Gary North

I generally avoid discussing national politics. I always have. That’s because I don’t think democratic involvement makes much difference except at the local level. The size of the permanent national bureaucracy is so enormous, in every large nation, that political activities are capable of changing very little. Except in times of enormous crisis – mainly national wars – political change is marginal....

The overall direction of politics remains the same: toward centralization.....

Only one candidate breaks ranks on all of these issues: Ron Paul.

1976 VS. 2007

When I joined his Congressional staff in June, 1976, he was the most junior Congressman, having been sworn in only two months earlier. The Democrat incumbent had been given a position in the Federal bureaucracy, and he had resigned his office. Paul won the special election.

I wrote his newsletters. I also did research on issues coming before Congress. In my three-person tiny office was Dr. John W. Robbins, a former student of Hans Sennholz in economics and of Gottfried Dietze in political science. In the main office was Bruce Bartlett, who later became one of the leading defenders in Washington of supply-side economics. This was a high-powered staff for a Congressman with two months’ seniority.

Unlike every other Congressman, he had no administrative assistant. That meant he ran a decentralized office. Staffers reported to him, not to some professional screener...

No comments: