Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hope That Didn't Hurt

I don't want to provoke reactions from people. I want to promote thinking, reflection, meditation. As a man thinks so is he. That is one of the many ways the Bible refers to world view. I feel like I get in the way of what God wants said, I can color it with my fallen but not yet fully redeemed nature. But that is how God has ordered it, or else we would be fully restored after we get saved. We really are in a process of being saved till we die. That's a problem, we think "I'm saved, all done, all better, so now I'm good and ready to go", when really were just trying to climb out of the playpen in a spiritual sense.

I want to help clear off junk that might be covering and coloring our spiritual glasses. The truth of Jesus will do that, but I am sure I can leave some of my own junk on someone elses lens after I have tried to help them. "sorry bro, didn't mean to push the lens into your eye"

David

No comments: