Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kayla Wrote a Poem Tonight

I'm 48 and I haven't written a poem yet....you always wonder how much is sinking in with your kids. So encourage them to write. The last couple of nights I have had extended phone conversations with a friend, we were going back and forth and I can be demonstrative and intense on the phone. Principles that we are all sinners, even saved, we're still sinners, still of the seed of Adam. How we can admit this as believers, but we freak out if anyone actually suggests that maybe we might be missing the mark. Admit it, if someone actually says, "but the Bible says we should do this x, y or z" with a specific application in mind people get wiggy and you will quickly hear..." that's being legalistic". We do believe "we're saved by grace" but we don't really believe we're still "sinners". Her poem fits in

Sinners with a Savior By Kayla Terry, age11

My wicked heart
Isn't always in check.
So sometime I just
Need to stop for a sec.
Close my eyes
And gather my thoughts.
I'm usually in wrong
Because my heart rots!
But that's because I'm a sinner-
Everyone is!
But our Maker didn't stop there,
No, that just doesn't fit.
To make mandkind,
‘Sinful to the core'
Without a dear Savior,
Who we need more and more.
As our nation is coming,
To a terrible spot,
Our judgment is coming
So soon we'll be in the seat hot!
But this judgment
Will be delayed,
But only beause
We fasted and prayed.
Yes, we're all sinners,
So what do we need?
A dear blessed Savior!
And His Holy Book to read.
In it is the only
True way to live
By beleiving in Jesus!
Your heart to Him give.
And if you do not-
I'm sad to say,
Your going to Hell
On the Terrible Day.
But you do not have too,
For this I am glad:
You can go to heaven,
Where nothing is bad.
Where all is good
And we won't need food.
We won't need to sleep,
And we won't need light;
Because God will shine
And there won't be a night.
But to come to this place,
This place so heavenly,
We must first believe in Jesus
And through Him the world see.

I know Jesus,
This I'm happy to say:
That I will go to heaven,
On that Great, Terribe Day.
But until then,
I must live my life
As the Bible tell me,
As a non-slandress housewife.
And, yet again
I am still litte,
still un-married.
I must my life kindly,
Till the day I am buried.
And when I am buried,
Way after I'm married,
I hope I will of lived
Good, my sins sieved.

One more thing
Before I finish soon,
Were all wretched sinners,
With our good Savior's Boon!

No comments: