Monday, October 13, 2008

What was inculcated into me? How about “Giligan’s Island” and “The Three Stooges”... Amerigelicals I

Onward. How good it is for brethren to walk together.

Marc I hope no one will feel like we are being picky when we parse each others sentences. I think it is good to do. Not to be picky, but as a way to further the conversation around the campfire as it were.

We all are busy and if we lived closer it would be good indeed to be able to gather and spend evenings talking of things about the Lord. Now when in person, conversation can be so rapid and so many rabbit trails appear and disappear that often we run right past areas of life that would be rich to just dig away at for a bit. In person it can be distracting when someone starts blustering about how something is not in the bible…..

With these emails you can slow down. You can follow the vein deeper into the mountain as it were. Its always good for more clarity and by making sure you point out exactly what it is that raises the eyebrow, the other person will know exactly what is being questioned. When asking what is meant about something we need to be respectful and do it in love. Not like when I email Rob…”did you get saved yesterday?”

When it comes to quality, for a product that might be only 10% better than all the others, but the one that is the crème de la crème it can cost you twice as much for that last 10%. It can take double the production costs to be at the very top. We will need to let the Iron sharpen iron as we try to press in.

Yes, amen, we are on the same page concerning God, He for sure writes on the heart.

This could be misunderstood easily. But what I am getting at is like in the shadow of that principle and I do believe it is a main factor of what we fathers should be about. We want to ingrain, we want to inculcate (to teach or impress by forceful urging: instill, to impress upon) into our sons and daughters. Yes into their minds and thought process’s, but yea even into the depths of their being. Making frontlets for their eyes…
Pro 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

We want to have their hearts. That should be what we constantly aim for.

I was saved early about 8yrs old. But what? Was ingrained into me? What was inculcated into me? How about “Giligan’s Island” and “The Three Stooges” and Thousands, thousands of pop songs and no Jedi Knight training would be complete without 12 years slow basting in American government Schools. The principles of being practical and whatever works reigns.

The whole time I'm reading my bible and in church every time the doors are open and Wa La! Now I’m an Amerigelical.

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it…

Its so true. It is a stinking knife fight for us to yield to Gods word at times. Rob just testified himself to trying it, sharing Gods word with believers! Look out! Rob you Pharisee!

Americana was engraved and ingrained in my heart. We should want to do the same thing. But with Gods world view.

No comments: