Friday, October 3, 2008

Camp,Baalam,Creepy, Castle

Quick thoughts, as Beth says she’s not staying up till 11tonight.

This year it was my turn to get sick at family camp. The Klotz’s keep pegging the sausage as the angel of death. Every year someone’s family gets hit from Legacy.

I don’t suppose it might have something to do with the fact that at whatever part of the encampment Legacy is placed at, we sit around in our chairs, passing around bundled up babies, talking way too late the first night, while the kids play freeze tag!?!

I had to go back to the cabin, fell asleep and missed the Sunday am service, was messed up and went to bed by 8pm Sun. Then woke up at 1am and couldn’t get back to sleep till almost 5. But I took some good notes while laying there!

Capture the flag just killed my body. I hope none of the men hurt themselves pulling up their pants after beating the Ladies in tug of war. You know… you give your pants a little cinch up, after a job done well. Way to go men.

On my blog I have added much on Palin and the the Baalout of Baalam. They are freeking out! They found their god fell over in the night. "We must sacrifice to show we care." They are desperately trying to get someone else to pay for their sins.

The following is symptomatic of where we are today…..

This was surreal, This Obama video , takes the cake. Someone’s comment about it being creepy in the comments section was appropriate. They have more faith in man, than most Christians have in our God. We think our God cannot change the world, because people are just too far gone. We evangelicals have oriented ourselves with the concept of being engaged in a rear guard action, just trying to hold them off till the Lord comes back. What songs do we sing that mirror this attitude, but with our obedience to God and His word as the force, the instrument of change, rather than their syrupy good thoughts?

We have been conditioned to see ourselves inside the circled wagon train with the Indians shooting at us, or inside the castle with the draw bridge up while the enemy attacks. Only I wish God would run up to us inside the castle yelling No! No! No! I said “the gates of hell would not prevail against you.”

As we then go about trading places with the enemy, they go into the castle and we then occupy the hills around it, we would be commenting, “You know, I thought it was strange that they were carrying all those gates”

This is what happens when you have been building castles for a hundred and fifty years.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

No comments: