Thursday, October 16, 2008

AmerigelicalsIIII A form of our obedience

I LOVE THIS!!!! yup we cannot change the heart, this is all about making a soup to soak our families in....

Pro 7:1-3 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Psa 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Are your kids arrows in the hands of a mighty man as the word calls them? Are you a mighty man? Then they will be aimed and shot out. We don’t ask the arrow if it wants to go where we are pointing it, whether they want to go that way, that’s Americana . It’s as Joshua said …”as for me and my house we will serve the lord!” Fire! The results are in Gods hand. But the warp and woof of the home they grow up in… that’s our responsibility and we will answer for it. Let us be like John Knox and "Save no arrows"

I grew up with a hidden God ,they must grow up thinking that God was in 7 channel Dolby sound, everywhere, Dad kept pointing him out and his ways all the time. How God and his word were the Rosetta stone for understanding life. All day long if I can, it’s to show how all is to glorify God, how nothing can make sense without God, how we live and move and have our being only through him.

If you think this is about watching G rated movies, having Christian music on and saying “praise God” a lot, then you have totally missed it and I pity you! What are you living for? Are you living as a man that other men can relate to? God forbid! We have a nation of these and God will spit us out because we have lost our savor and we are not being a light. We are being trodden underfoot.

I fall way short, “Giligan” and “The Three Stooges” keeps pulling me back. So I must keep repeating what God wants, keep repeating what he says, and ask for his mercy to help me be obedient.

To the King and his kingdom! Wheres Nathan! Wheres my daughters!

No comments: