Saturday, October 11, 2008

Being wise in our own eyes

We got our Chuck Baldwin for president signs today! The kids are jumpy to get them in the yard. Our Christian neighbors are gonna flip. “ Im sorry, I have given my life to Christ and I must be obedient to God and his Word…”“why do you call me lord, lord and do not do the things I say?”

I can hear it already…..”but Sarah is anointed…” "Ok, well, when you put it that way, that would carry more weight than scripture…." I know where they are coming from. They think on most things you just have to make the best decision you can. They mean well but its Romans 10:2 with a vengeance.....For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

If I was ever feeling the heat to be pragmatic it would be this election. But its Sola Scriptura! What I most notice now is a weight off of me, I am acknowledging that God is sovereign, I am acknowledging that Gods kingdom is not dependant on America. Gods bread crumbs lead this way and the only safe thing is to follow them and be obedient. All else is...that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, eph4:17 ....lest you should be wise in your own opinion,Rom11:25

Speaking of which, Kevin did a talk Friday on this subject of voting and of Baldwin in particular, well worth the time. Third party or settle for McCain

No comments: