Saturday, September 13, 2008

Palin Questions

I give my two cents here to some more questions on Palin.

Mal.3:6 “I am the Lord, I change not”

And in psalm 102:27 speaking of God…”But you are the same….”

Deut. 12:8 “Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, everyman whatsoever is right in his own eyes”

I missed the Legacy mens meeting tonight. But I did make it to Swansons mens meeting on weds, where Kevin noted…..” Eve stood as a neutral judge over Gods word.”

We cannot make the same mistake, to lean on our own understanding. No one gets to be neutral…” you are with me or against me…”

Questions are always good! It brings forth clarity. We just need to function in love. We do probably hold back from asking more questions, out of pride. It also is so easy to misunderstand what is meant sometimes. We cannot approach any topic in a neutral manner. So its...."To the law and the testimony!!!"

the Questions are in italics and

Ok! We can all agree that Isaiah 3 clearly points to the fact that a woman ruler is a judgment on the people, but that is not the equivalent of, "All women rulers govern unrighteously!" ( Amen)

I am not saying that anyone is making this statement, I'm simply trying to phrase a question!! Also, if a person voted for a woman, would that be sinful??? (God gives qualifiers for this position, “choose from among you men…” If you no longer your own, if you have been bought and paid for, if you have a Lord and you know what his will is, and you don’t do it. Is it sin?)

And if it is, what does that mean for our Lord ordaining Deborah to rule??? (First: He is God. Second: Saul watched Samuel perform the offering many times. It was presumption and pragmatism and disobedience on his part as he thought “where’s Samuel? This needs to be done!” He lost his kingdom by ignoring Gods commanded methodology. Jesus walked on water ,we know it violated Gods laws of physics. But we can never think that we can violate Gods Laws of physics on the basis that God himself seems to have set them aside at times. Third: We moderns have a habit of ignoring Gods normative commands and then taking Gods exceptions, making them the rule.)

I'll grant you it was judgment, but it was not sin, and as far as I can see, she did a decent job---what are your thoughts??? (To focus on how good of a job someone can do, will miss the point. I can just hear someone after Saul’s sacrifice saying “ I thought Saul did a pretty good job!”)



By the way, I am-at this point- probably not going to be voting.. Kind of a strange thing--I almost feel that voting for an earthly governmentwould be equal to fence sitting! , ( it was Gods ordained method for his people to be self governing and that process included “ ..choose from among you…” we are part of a tiny minority on this planet that can still do this. The fact that our system is so messed up is that Christians walked away from it for so long.)

Terry family is back on the road tomorrow. It will be a bummer to miss Sunday again.

May we be found obedient when the Lord returns! David

No comments: