Monday, September 29, 2008

How Will we Vote?

Doug Wilson doesnt agree with Botkins recent assement of Sarah Palin. Rc Sproul jr will vote for anyone if they will just stop the baby killing.

I cannot shake Gods instrutction in Ex and Gen about "choose from among you men"...who fear God....And hate covetousness. The need for this trait can be seen on the front page news.

If the oxen treading grain applys to pastors wage's or not cheating workers, applys to us today... how can I disregard these very clear instructions.

From wilson A Slow-Moving Pharaoh
...There are two basic points I need to clarify. First, some of those who have interacted with me here have assumed that I have given up on my previous commitment not to go for the "lesser of two evils." No, not at all. Many years ago, I decided that I was not going to play along anymore with a bogus choice between slow destruction and fast destruction. I was already not going to vote for McCain even though his election (regardless of veep pick) would mean slower cultural apostasy than under Obama. So a veep pick would not alter that decision unless I believed that it quite represented a potential turnaround. If a party is coming away from the abyss slower than I would like, I am still happy to vote for that change of direction. A "change of direction" is different than "slow same direction."

What I am not happy to support is slow destruction being equated with deliverance -- which is the perennial mistake made by evangelicals in national elections. The standards for cultural savior are really pretty low -- just kill us slowly and we will hail you as the new Moses, even though you are actually just a slow-moving Pharaoh....
whole article

I have for years done the "slow same direction." thing forever. No more, I repent.

No comments: