Monday, November 3, 2008

The perfect Candidate, we just want

I don't think anyone is looking for a perfect candidate. Qualified, as defined by God, is what I am looking for. I'm not worried about winning anymore.

Since the early 80's that was what I cared for. I have celebrated a whole bunch of wins over that period. But I am now convinced that these wins were on paper only. The culture continued to be lost and the rate of the loss seemed to speed up. Now I'm talking about the culture inside the church. I would rather see a ton of losses as Gods people try to be obedient and trust our future to him. His world, His Law, His methods.

I was pulling Robs tail when he forwarded the email about the waiter and he ended with Disney's Jiminy Cricket's famous quote "Let your conscience be your guide" I know Rob didn’t mean it in the Oprah , Jiminy cricket understanding and he clarified nicely in his follow up. Most people do think it is a quote from the bible. Tonight I added a quote from Rushdoony on this topic to my blog and include it here.

"...Modern autonomous man regards as sin, if he considers the subject at all, only that which offends his conscience. But Biblical law holds that sin and lawlessness can occur without knowledge and without conscience. Man, in fact, may sin with good conscience, but this does not alter the fact that he sins: the criterion of transgression is not man's conscience but the law of God....Rushdoony, The institutes of Biblical Law Vol1

How my family is voting on the props, unless someone shows me how I violate one of Gods jurisdictional spheres or his word in an explicit or implicit manner.

100 yes
101 yes
102 yes
103 no , removes land from individual opportunity of dominion, revenue stream for humanist education , how much $ does it take to teach kids to give in, to their sinful inclinations?
104 yes
105 yes, as worded makes it very hard to raise taxes by ballot, which is the preferred way it’s been done.
200 no
201 no
202 no
203 no
300 yes

I will vote for sheriff joe. His position is really as a law enforcement officer, not a law maker. As best I can tell he has tried to protect the populace. This in a nutshell is what God told the magistrate to do. By next election maybe I will understand differently....

I am praying that God will increase our wisdom by the next round of elections. This time we might only have enough understanding to make a narrow application of his word. May we be faithful with that at least. Funny how big the earthquake was in just trying to apply a teeny tiny amount. :)

We have our bibles open!!!! that's the biggeeee! Crying out for wisdom! Its huge. One hundred years from now, look out!

No comments: