Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thinking it Through

Some of my thoughts from last January 2007

I use to be pre-mil, now I don't have a clue. Mostly because I now see how much of what I had was just shallow man-centered application of God's word. Live like Jesus is returning today, plan like he won't be back for a thousand years. I'm grabbing and applying what is good and profitable and I dont care about whos camp it's coming from.

I keep playing around with these "mindsets, doctrines" from God's
word, dispensational, reconstruction, reforming. What are the worldviews that result from these..."do they prepare you to take the enemies gates"..."do they leave you just defending your position"..."do they lend you to taking every thought captive to Christ or to a belief system, position"..."which ones call you to renew your mind and how you act or do they allow you to be static"...do any lead you to "conformity to man and man's ways or to conformity to God's word."

Can I whack the enemy over the head with it? Does it glorify God?The stuff I've been enjoying has helped me to see the stitches on the "fast" balls that the world is throwing at my family and fellow believers and I am hitting them out of the park with God's principles. In the light of God's word they don't even seem fast anymore. In the past, they would just hit me in the head. I was suffering for Jesus.

No comments: