Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From Dec 13,guns, economy,envirementalism

Playing catch up from Dec 13

Recently the firearms community has gone crazy with Obama fever. The last few weeks I have used this opportunity to sell, while the selling is good and make a few more dollars. Been busy.

I have continued to put up on my blog economic items that have stood out. Thats why I continue to sell what I can. Most of America thinks that things will turn around. I am sure that things cannot turn back to what used to be. When as a nation we hit this point of realization it will be very hard to find people willing to spend. I am going to see if I can finish selling off the rest of my wargames this Christmas.

Overall I continue to try and re-orient my family to the biblical instructions left for us. Because no matter what tomorrow may bring, you will be best prepared to function, from a biblical stance. As compared to an Americana stance. For the items below, those families that have re-discovered the family as a dominion agent, rather than a collection of free agents will be more able, mentally and emotionally to keep moving forward with Gods agenda.

We will get to deal with three over arching themes. All are problems because they have tried to fly in the face of the reality of God and his Law for mankind. One is that the economy cannot go back to what it was. Because so much of it was based on paper pushing and the selling of that paper. No one will buy paper for a long time.

The second thing is that the central bank, what Ben Bernanke has said, and is doing what he said he would do. He is trying to flood the nation with money. And as even mainstream media has said…” what else can he do?” Neither Republicans nor Democrats oppose him. Historically this has resulted in inflation( 10% or more a year) and then possibly hyper inflation. (see Germany 1930’s or Zimbabwe today)

I posted a link to a book (free) from the 80’s on my blog that has a common sense approach to deflect some of the effects of inflation. If anyone has heard of, or seen a better way , I would like to read of it. Alternative: move to a nation that doesn’t have a central bank. By the way, that book is less than 100pages and can do wonders to help a person see through what are common modern economic myths. It is worth the time if not for that. Think: home schooling educational tool at no cost to you.

The third area deals with Obama’s agenda, just think...Government in general, and its desire to increase spending and regulation,even as it admits it is broke. This I think will keep down those parts of the economy that might actually help pull us out.

At first I thought “God is gonna whack us.” Now I see it as we will reap what we have sown. His word is true, God cannot be mocked. See I place before you blessings and curses. (deut 28) Choose life was the exhortation. I have taken to heart Doug Wilson's recent Sovereignty of God post.

As a nation we have turned towards the government for salvation. (I have not followed up on passing references I have seen, that say Baal and Moloch worship were essentially State worship. You ever wonder what happened to those gods? How did they get started?) I haven’t seen “Christianity Today” but I bet they haven’t had a cover story on how we have transgressed the Law of God. Let alone add, what I think is the crucial aspect of repenting. Namely a turning back to Gods ways or the ways of the Lord. Repenting. Its just another error, a different sin, to stop something, but then not acknowledge that there is a direction we should turn too. This is one of evangelicalism’s big missteps.

If you don’t think Gods ways are discernable for a society, that his law is not binding on all nations, then what you get is a people might stop the obvious sin’s and try to just be more loving and un offensive. After awhile to more and more people the sin becomes less obvious. No neutral ground? You are “ with me or against me” is just as offensive today as it was when Jesus said it. (luke11:23)

Does His Lordship extend to all? Or just some areas? Is there any area where we must find a different authority for guidance? When we repent and answer this question, in agreement with what God declares, then will we start to see how to apply his ways for all of life. To him who is faithful with a little more is given. (matt25:23) Until then its just blurry, that’s old Testament, that’s cultural, that was an agrarian society, etc, and we find ourselves eventually standing next to the person crying out “We have no king but Caeser!” (joh19:15)

Along with this, God really is exposing the false god that is environmentalism. Since last year God has made these false prophets do press conferences, warning about global warming, with snow storms and freezing weather in the background. But they cling to their religion, they are true believers, to tell us in the middle of this historic weather that “see, see! global warming is true!"

Let the dead bury their dead.(luk9:60) I just hope we can keep them from making us pay for their religion. When you hear of new taxes and protocols for the environment, even as the nation is being strangled economically, think of the original 13 colonies, of which nine, taxed their people to support the state’s chosen church’s. Today the state has a new faith, and it is in man.

No comments: