Saturday, January 24, 2009

Orthodox III (foodfight)

Rob responds to me again...

And here you must have your history to know what has been understood to be orthodox.

Shall we exegete history first? Or shall we exegete Scripture first? Were the Bereans to study history to see if these things be true, or scripture? Shall I ask people to study the 1689 Confession of Faith … or maybe a biography about Luther, or maybe “Bondage of the Will” first… BEFORE they can understand Scripture… or start with Scripture? Hey… how about we tell people… “Here… read Rushdooney so that you will be able to understand Jesus.” “No, sir, just leave your Bible down for now… until Rushdooney gives you proper orientation on the Word… after all… the fear of Rushdooney is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge… **** Oooh… the crowd boos… that was below the belt… I have been given a warning… next time I will be docked a point!****

Watch out everyone… the spit is going to start flying J. Can you hear David’s war cry… oh to be a fly on the wall… wish I had the computer eye camara that the government probably watches us all with… David’s keyboard is hating me now! How long will I keep you awake tonight??? Beth… better get him some Lunesta J.

I respond to Rob.....

Nathan, my two yr old son has developed a fondness for trains.

Last week Beth was building up the idea of potty training in front of Nathan. The girls and mom have prepped him for potty training. Now Nathan is all excited about “poddy traaaain!” he says it very loud, and he is excited too! But I have the feeling that when Nathan says Poddy traaaaain!.... what he thinks of, is like, a green train, or a red train and he is waiting to see this poddy train. Must be pretty special, everyone is excited about it too!

So Beth sits his Teddy bear on his potty seat and makes a hissing, ssssss, sssssss sound when it is sitting on his toilet, trying to make the connection in his head.

Tonight after dinner, I am working with him and we both are sitting on our toilet seats and he has a book on his lap and he looked up at me and said ssssssssss. A little later we are still sitting there with our books and he is looking at his book and said loudly, pointing…..cars! …..Train!.....even if he has seen the picture and said the word 50 times,(in one sitting!) he just has to do it again. So with his head down looking at his book I hear him say quietly ssssssss, sssssss, ……. And a second later loudly, pointing with his finger….plane!”

Now Nathan thinks, that this is what we want him to do. He has the correct words, and he is using them in the right room and sitting in the right place, but he is missing the real orthodox of what mom was communicating.

Rob…..I feel like you are in your room, sitting at your computer, going sssssssss, sssssssss,……..but missing the point.

Ok, more on this later, I have a different pot that just started boiling on me...

No comments: