Thursday, February 14, 2008

One of Gods Fingerprints

I saw this article from Michael Chrichton on Lew Rockwells site,very good. Complexity is a fingerprint of Gods handiwork.


Washington Center for Complexity and Public Policy
Washington DC
November 6, 2005


..all right. Then in summary, when I went back to examine old fears, the first thing I found was that newspapers were focused on momentary concerns; the second thing I found was that the language employed was excessively frightening, and the third thing I found was that a lot of advocacy was encouraging what was happening anyway. But I learned some other things, too.

One interesting feature is the tendency to reversals: a benefit becomes a hazard and then becomes a benefit again. Butter is good, then bad, then good again. Saccharine is good, then bad, then good. But this is also true for some much larger scares, like cancer and powerlines, which hit the media in 1989... whole thing here

No comments: