Sunday, March 9, 2008

2008 Men’s Prayer Advance

Once my daughter mentioned about the name of some “Retreat,” that doesn't sound like their taking dominion.

It was a quick day and half as my first impression. I definitely prefer using teachers from our ranks. They “know” where we are at and you can just use the teaching right out of the box.

Well, Legacy had 6 out of 8, fathers go, which I think was great. As a fellowship we had dropped to what looked like 6 families. But having made the case, biblically, for the need for, “membership”, “ who will be identified as members”, I think we stand with 7 families willing to be called members and we pass from being a “fellowship” to a "Church". (I was suprised that the subject of membership could give people the willys or that gluten is the antichrist, who knew?)

We have one new family that has just come into our midst and is still getting the lay of the land. We thank God for them too.

I enjoyed getting to know some more fathers at Heritage, David, Rudy and Nathan. Heritage is blessed with these additions. Interesting to see the different places that God is drawing people from. It was good to see the “usual suspects” from heritage, too.

Thanks to the teachers for their time and preparation. Jerry's message, though he felt less than fully prepared had lots of chewy stuff in it for me. Jason carried the bulk of the of teaching, thank you! Call me homer but I loved Rob's message!

Legacy all came up in the Terry assault wagon. It was a nice ride together, no one got hurt and the church didn't split. At Legacy we check for weapons, if you don't have one, you get sent back for it. Iron sharpens iron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is gluten the Antichrist? : ) (But I would like an answer)
VICTORY OR DEATH! TO THE KING! TO THE KINGDOM! CHARGE!!!

David Terry said...

Its a joke. It just seems that Gluten is like the great destroyer. All its missing is some horse to ride on. Like behold, the seventh woe,Gluten. And Gluten laid waste to the land. Dont think about it too hard, there is no deep meaning to it.