Monday, February 8, 2010

Flip out, at the name of Jesus

We are convinced a majority, a consensus among caring, loving Christians is what God looks at , that this type of behavior, in most minds, is in its essence, biblical.

With the world, they can flip out at the name of Jesus, but even the world can adore a Jesus that is separated from his word. The battle is over His word and all the more so in the church. Is the word a sharp sword or is it hidden in the mist, (Yoda....ooohhhh, very cloudy it is) Is there a standard or not?

....If God’s truths and definitions are universal, then people cannot define concepts in their own way....

Rob has already shared of losing a long deep friendship with someone because his lifestyle spoke volumes in a contrarian fashion, verses what is the status quo in the church. His friend did not show from scripture why Rob is in error, he just knows its wrong and broke off the friendship. I still think that just being around Robs family was too convicting. It was easier to say goodbye to a friend then to change a world view.

I have much respect for Paul Washer who after just being in the ministry a few yrs and stumbling over the things voddie talks about could confess to himself that everything he thought he knew was wrong . It took me at least 6 yrs to come to that place and it was line upon line on subjects, one topic at a time. I am not sure I could of quickly, like Washer accepted how large the error was. I think I would’ve just chased Rob out of my house and quickly bought some sandals so I could shake the dust off of them. Heretic.

I recently had someone go on for over a page on a long rant on me.....

..something in it just really rubs me the wrong way...

....Your exigesis is shoddy at best and is frankly more like prooftexting and isegesis....

...You are misquoting passages all over the place and are ripping them out of context...

...you are imposing your beliefs on the scriptures...

...wicked abuses of God’s word....

But by the end of it he never pointed out my error. He was very upset, he just knows I am wrong all over the place but he couldnt tell me where.

I wrote back and asked....For my edification, could you show me the proposition I asserted, that is contrary to either the historical Christian understanding, or contrary to the bible? I continue to get the cricket treatment.

Make sure you are always contending for the word. "Can you show me from the word?" Did you come to this position becasue of what the bible teaches? This is where the sound of the guns are, and have always been! As at the very beginning.....And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said....Gen 3:1.... and at the very end.......And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev 12:17

Has God Said? Indeed He has!

No comments: