Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bondslaves

In Voddies Titus message, he comes out and says he would argue that the segregated church model violates scripture. He notes…You cannot follow the directions from titus when you split it all up. I can hear the teachers and defenders of this modern tradition of man saying…but he didn’t say we were sinning, right?….

I heard most of his a families guide to the church today, which is a awesome compannion to his Titus message.

Who, are you? What is your Identity?

.....And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, Phil2:8,9


It was his obedience that results in his exaltation. The very son of God showed the way and Paul identifies himself with it....For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Phil 1:21 We modernists as Americans have had the notion of "no body can tell us what to do" ingrained in us....The Pastor is meddling again....


It is hard to unravel our pride and I think that I start from a position that the bible would liken more to a "Hireling" than that of a "bondservant" ....I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free Ex 21:5 The hireling must be told, (and might just say, forget it, I am not gonna do that) But the Bondservant loves his master will move in a proactive manner that does not concern himself. The Idea of his own rights and freedom,s will be foreign to his thinking. As a bondservant, he was given his freedom and he has turned it down, because he loves his master.


This is a paradigm shift….. Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Or For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Phil 1:21

When Paul says in Phil 3:12 …but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.... It is hard for us, in our me centered culture, to grasp that God saved us for purposes beyond ourselves. We are all for just moving into our Thomas Kinkade cabin, hanging out with Jesus, and enjoying the glow of his glory. But that is not why he redeemed us…. but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

In Romans we are told that the lost…. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:18-2

If the unsaved , who maybe have never seen a bible, will be told “you are without excuse” then will not we, who have been redeemed! And have Gods revealed word! and His Holy Spirit! will we be able to say in his presence… “well your word just wasn’t that clear”…Master, I couldn’t really tell what you wanted done.”

How many times did Jesus say “to him who has ears to hear, let him hear”

Are you moving in fellowship with those who agree that, His law is exceedingly broad, (Psalms) or do you prefer the company of those who think that Gods word leaves so many things, kind of fuzzy?

Because He IS Lord! Over heaven and earth, over the eternal and the temporal, I expect His word to be a lamp unto my feet, for everything! Psalm119

If he has said, we should take every thought captive , then we should expect to find enough guidance from his word, to use as the standard, so we know if we are doing it. When you open his word, what are you expecting?

Who do you spend your time with? You will be fully like your teachers the bible says.

When I get the time, I listen and read those who believe that there is no area of life where God has not spoken too, at least principally. I want to be discipled, by men like that. I want my children to sit under a pastor who thinks this way, even if he cannot see it all, and no one, will get it all. I want it to be like a constant rain falling around my children…what sayeth the scriptures!

How many times have you seen, where scripture clearly collides with some sacred cow of ours and you then try and find a way to dismiss Gods Word. Not overtly of course,….there probably is some greek tense here that changes the meaning…


Understanding, comprehension. The word says, if you are faithful with a little, more will be given.

Who does this guy think he is? No one, except a poor example of a bondservant, who for too long, has been way too concerned about his Christian liberties. But I did have Mexican food tonight.

No comments: