Thursday, November 5, 2009

each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.II

Second thing… what should be our Perspective? Are we free agents?

Proverbs says about a wife who loves her husband… “that his heart trusts safely in her” so she is out doing business transactions left and right and he safely trusts in her. My wife pays attention to me and will do things for me or in my place and nails it most of the time and can say …” I knew you would like that” If she was concerned that her “growth as a women” was being stunted, or wondering if she is missing out on “Liberty” by being focused on her husband she would instead say…” I just did what I, thought was best.”

We are the bride of Christ, no?

I recently noted that we are to have the mind of Christ and take every thought captive as servants etc etc. Additionally consider:…

If you understand that you have been bought and paid for…if you realize that you are no longer your own…if you are now a bondservant like James, Paul and John…if you want to do your masters will because you love him and owe him everything, including your next breath…If you want to be like Jesus, doing only what he see’s the father doing and saying only what the father says….if you are trying to study the ways of God so that you can be a good servant … then when you come upon ….a list of examples that would show a pattern….. from your master whom you love with all your heart, should we ponder…..but does this constitute command?

If you really Desire God, with all your heart, would you consider it, optional wisdom? Or would you as a loving servant say, “Master, I wasn’t sure, but I did what I thought would be pleasing to you.”

We, for the most part, do not understand how vast and broad the first commandment is.
Christian liberty is real! And has a place. It should not be driving the bus.

continued....

No comments: