Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Voting

This voting topic is a tough one for us because we do not know the Word or fear the Lord like we should. Gods word is clear and plain. will we fear him enough to do it? Or do we fear the Democrats
more?

Psa 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

Will our hope be in the Lords mercy, and vote for the candidate that meets Gods guidelines concerning magistrates? Or will we grab the ark and place our hope in John McCain. Another good perspective from Douglas Wilson.


Disaster A or Disaster B
Topic: Politics

As the campaign unfolds, I will be writing more about all of this, but let this serve as a basic orientation.

This November, we are facing a choice between disaster A or disaster B. We are piloting a plane that is going to crash, and we have the choice of crashing in the sea or on the land. As I have mentioned before, I understand fully why many of my fellow conservatives would opt for crashing in the sea. Fine. We are going to do one or the other, and if you want to help decide, I certainly don't blame you. And maybe chances of survival are increased with one of the choices. But what I don't get is how my fellow conservatives can confuse "crashing in the sea" with "flying home safely."...more

For my entire adult life I have been voting for Republicans. Afterwards I am always left stunned by different things they do. No more.

No comments: