Sunday, August 23, 2009

For your Law is my delight

…..there is no way to listen to the apostle Paul in the right way, learning from him as a faithful Christian should, without opening yourself up to the accusation that you are following him in the wrong way. There is such a thing as bibliolatry, of course, as John 5:39 reveals, but we also need to remember that it would be pretty easy to accuse some faithful soul of bibliolatry if he was doing anything so foolish as living by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. It looks bad, you know?...... from Blog and Mablog

So when I read things like…
165 Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. Psalms 119:165 (NKJV)

And…
77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; For Your law is my delight. Psalms 119:77 (NKJV)

And…
7 Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me. 99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation. 100 I understand more than the ancients, Because I keep Your precepts. 101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word. 102 I have not departed from Your judgments, For You Yourself have taught me.Psalms 119:97-102 (NKJV)

Look at that last one… I pray that, like that author someday I could say that I am… wiser than my enemies…. I have more understanding than all my teachers….100 I understand more than the ancients…. I have restrained my feet from every evil way…..102 I have not departed from Your judgments…. I wish! Glory!, But to my shame I do not know his law like I should!

These are the things that God said to make the cornerstone of your children’s education. To work on them morning noon and night. By inference they should just be oozing out of us to the next generation. This is the foundation for understanding the world and life, to be able to even understand principles of right and wrong and seeing a foundation for real truth.

You cannot find God communicating anything with more intensity than when speaking of his law.

…it would be pretty easy to accuse some faithful soul of bibliolatry if he was doing anything so foolish as living by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God…. Legalist!

Much of the modern church is like some old seafarer from the 1300’s holding an incomplete map of the waterways and just where the known areas disappear on the map is a written warning…Here be sea monsters!

It doesn’t matter what Gods word says…here be monsters.

No comments: